Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 16, 2021
Closing Date: May 18, 2021
As a Manufacturing Engineer at Caterpillar, you will determine the manufacturing processes, tooling and tool design, and equipment needed to successfully and economically produce assigned parts in accordance with engineering specifications.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation by providing tooling, processes, equipment, etc. to provide for the needs of the shop operation. Assignments include tool design, manufacturing processing, cost estimating, systems planning, layout, standards, releasing, etc. and requires the coordination of all disciplines
* Analyze and deploy engineering changes
* Coordinates the introduction of new machines (NPI) and equipment and process changes to provide the most efficient and economical manufacture of quality parts in alignment with APQP
* Ensures optimum utilization of equipment and space by coordinating the layout of areas such as storage areas, test equipment, etc. to accommodate the changing production requirements
* Coordinates release dates and availability of machines and equipment and material to maintain schedules and satisfy demand
* Establishes standards and works with shop personnel to resolve problems related to process, tooling, equipment, etc.
* Ensures implementation of modern technology and follows to determine effectiveness of equipment and systems
* Coordinates capital projects for process enhancement and to improve customer satisfaction, conducting research and ensuring proper approvals
* Keeps abreast of industry changes by attending product demonstrations and identifies ongoing improvements in processes and technologies to better serve customers
* Coordinates cost reduction projects
* Responsible for manpower and rough-cut capacity planning
* Respond to customer issues and lead process improvements
* Confronts complex issues and problems that require careful analysis and diagnosis
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a manufacturing or engineering related field
• 2+ years’ experience with planning systems, manufacturing operations, facilities, methods and tooling requirements
• 2+ years’ experience with Engineering Change Management, New Product Introduction and Quality Management Systems
Top Candidate will also have:
• Advanced degree
• 5 years or more work experience in heavy manufacturing
• Skilled in CAPPLUS, HVC, AutoCAD, Teamcenter and related visualization software, Creo, and other engineering tools
• Previous experience with Caterpillar Large Mining Trucks, Off Highway Trucks, Wheel Tractor Scrapers, Wheel Loaders and Compactor products and processes
• Experience with Caterpillar Engineering Change Management, NPI, and Quality Management Systems
• Knowledge of Fabrication/Machining/Assembly
• Proven leadership with strong analytical and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required to develop others and persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions
• Ability to influence cross-functional business partners
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.