Additional Functional Areas
- Manage Prime Product NPI project to ensure project delivers on time, within budget, and aligned with the product strategy.
- Facilitate MGPP project rationalization to determine NPI project scope based on enterprise impact and objectives.
- Lead team development and preparation of gateway materials to ensure on-time delivery.
- Facilitate regular NPI & Obeya meetings to ensure team engagement and issue management.
- Provide ongoing coaching as NPI for product group and identify training needs for NPI team members.
- Build and leverage internal and external relationships with other departments (Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, etc) to drive system and process efficiencies.
- Identify and act on quality and cost containment opportunities.
- Identify trends and areas of focus for continuous improvement.
- Manage & coordinate facility PAN execution. Ensure alignment with MWL Global PAN process & expectations during NPI phase.
- Conduct weekly Obeya NPI meeting with local facility team to update projects and help solve issues.
- Support program sourcing approval based on national content, cost and quality requirements. Support evaluation and management of NPI investments and commitments.
- Support/host GW Reviews with multifunctional facility team and worldwide MWL NPI leads.
- Bachelor degree or above - preferably in Engineering, Business, or Marketing
- At least 8 years work experience in engineering, marketing, product development or related field with construction machinery industry or related experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential as well as project management efficiency
- Deep understanding on machine construction and performance; able to provide valuable suggestion on improvements
- Listening and communication skills are critical, as incumbent will lead communication with others throughout the product group.
- Computer literacy; skilled in Microsoft Office software like WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, etc
- In addition to strong leadership skills, this role needs someone who has highly proficient team working skills and has the interpersonal skills to successfully influence others to achieve common goals
- Good written and spoken English ability.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.