As HMI (Human-Machine Interface) Software Architect with the Power Systems & Digital Integration Team, you will design, modify, develop, and implement software for Energy and Transportation Segments. You will translate functional requirements into technical specification and solutions. collaborate with Product group in the design, development of new features, enhancements for release to production. This role will require regular interactions with technology partners, suppliers and will be accountable for contributing to the concept, development, and design of complex subsystems. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn, and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor, and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to
- Design, optimize and implement software strategies of HMI Systems from requirements to production
- Work with product group closely to refine requirements
- Review design, code, test, and debug systems and software
- Unit test and verify software strategies in bench and lab environments
- Integrate and validate other control modules
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources
- Troubleshoot the issues identified at system benches or customer production sites and provide resolution
- Represent the workstream and provide stakeholder updates
- Manage risk identification and mitigation strategies associated with the software architecture
- Guiding and assisting the development team throughout the process.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic & Communication, Electrical & Electronics Engineering from an accredited Engineering College,
- 6+ years of progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- Experience in C++ programming language
- Experience with common Java technologies and frameworks (J2EE, Servlets, OSGi, Spring MVC or SpringBoot)
- Excellent knowledge of System architecture patterns including data modeling, database design, performance monitoring
- Incumbents must have demonstrated excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments.
- Must have ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
Top Candidates will also have
- Emphasis on initiative and strong technical insight
- Knowledge in communication protocols like CAN, Modbus and gRPC
- Knowledge on Industrial protocols like Modbus, TCP/IP Client Server Architecture
- Experience/ familiarity with Automotive Industry
- Demonstrated clear commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, team environment
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.