As an Embedded Software Architect with the Power Systems & Digital Integration Team, you will engage in the Design, Development, and Validation of Caterpillar Electronic Systems and Software supporting the Electric Power Generation industries. This position requires technical knowledge of Electronic systems, Software Development, and Control strategies. Success in this position involves working effectively within the established process framework. You will have opportunity to continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor, and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to
- Design, optimize and implement software strategies of embedded systems from requirements to production
- Review design, code, test, and debug systems and software
- Unit test and verify software strategies in bench and lab environments
- Integrate and validate other control modules
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources
- Troubleshoot the issues identified at system benches or customer production sites and provide resolution
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronic & Communication, Electrical & Electronics Engineering from an accredited Engineering College,
- Relevant work experience required – minimum of 4 years
- Strong hands-on C programming in an Embedded control environment
- Experience with software development tools like Git, debuggers, and compilers
- Proficiency in RTOS and Automotive Protocols like CAN & J1939
Top Candidates will also have
- Emphasis on initiative and strong technical insight
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge on Industrial protocols like Modbus, TCP/IP
- Experience/ familiarity with Genset Applications
- Demonstrated clear commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, team environment
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.