Location: Santa Catarina, NLE, Mexico
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2021
Closing Date: May 18, 2021
Manufacturing is at the heart of our company. For more than 90 years, Caterpillar has been providing innovative customer solutions - from the track-type tractor that gave us our Caterpillar name, to the diesel engine, the elevated sprocket, the hybrid excavator and more. Without our worldwide manufacturing employees, none of this would be possible. They touch everything we make that digs, powers, builds, crushes, cuts and operates. Quite simply, it's every product we sell, every service we provide and everything in between.
This is a Supervisory position that will be responsible for managing a production schedule, technicians and overall performance of designated value stream. You will be responsible for meeting Caterpillar’s goals for People, Quality, Velocity and Cost that support a 24/7 operation.
Job Duties Include but not limited to:
1. Monitor and improve safety on the shop floor; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean product environment.
2. Determines processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements.
3. Daily tie-in with production management to designate work load, priorities and sequence for work assigned.
4. Determines overtime need, determines priorities when resources are insufficient, and decides when disciplinary action is necessary.
5. Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency. Works to improve processes, timeliness and reduce costs by eliminating non-value added activities.
6. Ensures the quality of product produced and conforms to Caterpillars Quality Policy while maintaining cost.
7. Ensure necessary parts and materials are ordered and distributed in a timely and efficient manner
8. Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, CQMS/ISO certification, etc.
9. Responsible for training and development of staff, time keeping, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, and ensuring consistent application of organizational needs.
This job exists only in those locations where the Section Manager has primary responsibility for the performance of multiple shifts, for direct production and support functions. The Section Manager will supervise salaried and hourly employees. Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, affirmative action, etc. in performing assigned duties.
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
Requires university degree
This position requires minimum of 5 years in welding processes, painting processes and operations supervision
Experience in handling tooling with set up changes
All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.