Location: Mossville, IL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 18, 2021
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Industrial Power Systems Division L4 core/platform team currently has an opening for a 13L-18L Engine System Engineer located in Mossville, IL.
In this role you will be responsible for engine requirements definition, concept development, system configuration & integration, and manufacturing collaboration to efficiently introduce new product, new technology, or product improvements on the 13L-18L engine product line. Implementing these products or changes involves working closely with the engine component team (L3), application integration team (L5), as well as numerous other teams (L4 Aftertreatment, Software, etc.) to lead the design of a fully integrated engine system solution that meets component and application requirements, ultimately delivering a final, released engine bill of materials.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to continuous product improvement (factory and field), technical problem solving, new product issue resolution, project timeline management, factory change planning (job number management), factory support, cost reduction, and ongoing maintenance to current & legacy engines.
Success in this role with require excellent communication skills, strong technical background, teamwork, high attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Hiring Manager: Ben Stoltzfus
* Accredited engineering degree (Mechanical or Agricultural Bachelor’s Degree minimum)
* 2 years of diesel engine design, development, or validation experience
* 5 years of engineering experience
* Experience collaborating with application engineering teams, component design teams, or manufacturing teams
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Ability to work multiple high-paced complex projects concurrently while driving them to completion
* Project leadership experience with new product introduction
* Significant knowledge of core diesel engine systems, including hardware design and system integration
* Experience with manufacturing and engine assembly principles and processes
* Experience working with Seguin factory systems (PLEX) & engineering releasing systems (EDS, Teamcenter)
Travel expectation is <25%
Ideas matter. Bring yours to life here. Caterpillar engineers conceptualize ideas that become real-world products in our factories—and make progress possible around the globe. Apply today!
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicantVisa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.