Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Project Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to improve manufacturing processes and systems. In addition, Manufacturing Project Engineers function as a future planner and subject matter expert for technical planning throughout the manufacturing facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and implement Lean Manufacturing Systems to produce products at the desired quality and velocity (Takt Time) to meet customer expectations.
- Work with current manufacturing engineers to develop the future state in order to integrate new technology and drive continuous improvement.
- Provide detailed cost estimates of planned improvements to meet a capital spend plan.
- Develop detailed project plans with timing and resources identified to meet customer expectations.
- Articulate and present the future vision to functional support groups to gain buy in and ownership of the plan throughout the organization.
- Develop cost benefit analysis of multiple manufacturing scenarios in order to determine a go-forward plan that achieves targets.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of new technologies within the factory. Develop individual presentations on all integration / improvement projects. Ensure a smooth transition to new and revised systems and processes.
- Adhere to established standards, policies and practices relating to People, Quality, Velocity, and Cost in performing transformation activities.
- Implement major systems and coordinate the implementation of those systems with all areas of responsibility.
- 2-year technical degree from an accredited college or university
- In lieu of a technical degree, 10+ years of manufacturing experience
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
Top candidates will also have:
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology.
- Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology.
- Previous Caterpillar Experience within Tractor products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate improvement ideas to diverse groups of subordinates and superiors alike.
- Experience using a solid modeling CAD/CAM system for manufacturing purposes, such as ProE / CREO.
- Experience using 2D CAD (AutoCad) and Factory CAD to develop shop floor layouts.
- Experience and understanding of Facility Engineering basics with plant systems and requirements.
- Fundamental understanding of Lean Manufacturing with experience in the implementation of Lean Methodologies.
- Detailed understanding of capital spend requirements
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.