We are currently seeking to fill an assembly position. You will perform a series of routing functions to assemble machine components that support Caterpillar Drills.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assembling / testing, reworking and repairing machine components
- Performing production based on schedule and continuously improving process efficiency
- Ensuring adherence to Standard Work Sheet to achieve quality products and avoid quality issues
- Participating in pre-shift Process Improvement Dialogue (PID) & Continuous Improvement (CI), raising, submitting issues and suggestions and following up requirements from supervisor
- Providing timely reports to operation supervisor or team lead on material availability and equipment downtime
Physical Qualifications (With or Without Accommodation)
- Operate equipment including Hand Jack/pallet truck, etc - Noise levels of 85db or greater
- Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists - Lift up to 35lbs frequently
- Work at multiple heights - Climb on equipment, machines, ladders and various step stools
- Stand for a minimum of 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
- Required to work overtime schedule as requested to meet production needs based on established overtime procedures
- Subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, exposure to occasional temperatures below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees
- Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
- Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck
- Work in tight spaces - Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
- Use of fine motor skills - Use of hand tools
- Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, cut/heat resistant sleeves, etc.
- Computer skills to access Cat Intranet
- Ability to read prints and use gauges
- 1-year experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
Top Candidates will also have:
- Previous machine assembly experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong commitment to safety
- Must be able to work any shift / schedule as shifts / working hours will change with business needs
- This is a Full-Time position
- This position is 1st shift
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com.