Location: Seguin, TX, United States
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 13, 2021
As a Production Technician, you will perform the duties associated with the production of Caterpillar Diesel engines including but not limited to: Assembly, Logistics, and Quality Assurance. Production Technicians report to Section Managers and will be assigned to departments within the business to meet customer and company demands.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Aligning and securing engine components as directed by work instruction
* Aligning and installing gaskets, seals, bearings, hoses, covers, and visual components
* Ensure that parts and materials used in the assembly process are free from quality defects
* Assist other departments with problem solving or improvement ideas related to assembly
* Verifying correct alignment of engine components using engine schematics and part prints
* Inspect parts and materials to ensure they are free from quality defects
* Perform audits and carry out quality inspections to correct known defects
* Perform torque audits, leak tests, and visual inspection on all engines
* Shipping and receiving parts and verifying invoices to ensure inventory accuracy
* Ensure that materials received and delivered are free from quality defects
* Re-pack and arrange parts for warehouse storage or delivery to the assembly area
* Operate forklifts and tuggers to move materials within the facility
* Accurate and efficient delivery and removal of materials
* Submit and assist with the resolution of C.P.S. Continuous Improvement cards
* Follow standard operating procedures and area specific work instructions
* Provide information to supervisors and managers about processes within assigned area
* All other duties as assigned
* Ability to work well with others
* Mechanically inclined
* Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Top Candidates will also have:
* Current manufacturing/operations experience at a Caterpillar facility
* Previous experience with Standard Operating procedures or Standard Work.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to perform repetitive operations
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly position with an entry wage of $14.50/hr in Seguin, TX. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.