Location: Fort Worth, TX, United States
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 19, 2021
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The SPM Oil & Gas currently has an opening for a Supplier Quality Engineer located in Fort Worth, Texas. As a Supplier Quality Engineer at SPM Oil & Gas, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining quality plans and activities to ensure purchased products meet conformance to SPM Oil & Gas, as well as Customer/Regulatory specifications.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop, implement, and maintain standardized metrics and scorecard that guide actions and promote continuous improvement (e.g. supplier performance metric DPPM, SCAR, Concessions, etc.)
* Responsible for planning, organizing, and performing all supplier’s quality related activities, delivering on-time part/process qualification process (i.e. PPAP, QatS) for responsible components
* Provide sound quality input to supplier qualifications (existing / new suppliers, supplier transition, etc.)
* Ensure all changes compliance with SPM Oil & Gas internal Quality Management System (change control, CAPA, etc.)
* Develop, implement, and maintain Supplier On-Site Assessment and Supplier Qualification
* Drive product and process improvements through investigations and effective root cause analysis
* Drive risk mitigation and effective process controls. Ensure supplier corrective actions are robust and sustained
* Assist suppliers in quality assurance processes and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier and product performance
* Perform and/or participate in source qualification by performing quality and manufacturing system surveys and special process surveys
* Take first action to protect the plant from non-conforming parts from suppliers.
* Coordinate containment activities, initiate controls and safeguard replacement deliveries when needed
* Initiate, verify, evaluate, and ensure timely closure of supplier CAPAs as necessary to improve quality and reduce manufacturing disruptions
* Serving as a liaison between SPM Oil & Gas senior management and suppliers to identify quality issues and come up with solutions
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Supplier Quality (PPM)
* Cost of Poor Quality
* Supplier on Time Delivery
* Ability to travel up to 30% (domestic and international)
* Bachelor of science degree in Engineering or related technical field
* 5+ years of experience in various functions of quality and manufacturing
* Proficient application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) (working knowledge of dimensional metrology and precision machining and precision assembly
* Working knowledge of special manufacturing processes such as welding, plating, heat treatment, forging & casting
* Working knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning Tool and Techniques
Top Candidates will also have:
* Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification (Black Belt desirable)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to read and interpret documents, such as: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English
* Knowledge of the following software: manufacturing and inventory software; internet, spreadsheet, and word processing software, such as Microsoft Office Suite
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.