Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
This is a 1st shift Logistics Support 2 position as a Material Requirements Planner starting at $24.86/hour at the Sanford, NC Facility
Job duties may include
- Being a part of a team responsible for collaborating with suppliers to ensure material availability in a high pace manufacturing environment.
- Being accountable for managing and analyzing $1M-$8M of inventory for opportunities to eliminate waste and optimize inventory.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams to achieve inventory objectives.
- Review various reports and metrics to identify potential issues or opportunities.
- Determine necessary actions needed to successfully correct the problem.
- Communicating to all parties regarding status of order via contacts in person, by phone, or email.
- Performing order revisions as necessary, including changing/adding schedules, opening/closing purchase orders, etc.
- Serving as a specialist within the group and providing interpretation and problem solving advice to others inside and outside of the department.
- 4 year BA/BS degree, 2 year associates degree, or 5+ years of relevant, job-related experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience required.
Top Candidate will also
- Have knowledge of various purchasing and MRP systems.
- Have experience in adhering to guidelines and/or procedures.
- Have ability to collect and filter information to achieve optimal decisions using critical thinking.
- Be able to quickly and accurately recall the specifics to situations.
- Communicate effectively with succinct, but detailed emails; clear, accurate message over the phone or short sheet meetings.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to resolve problems.
- Work under pressure and react professionally by handling stress productively and upholding ethical standards.
- Have strong teamwork by being willing to help others and be open for receiving guidance.
- Have a willingness to improve performance using new techniques/insights and learning from own and others’ mistakes.
- Be dependable and reliable to complete tasks with priority with little guidance, successfully and repeatedly.
Benefits on Day one!
- Medical, Dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer,)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Program
- Employee Assistance Programs
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.