Additional Functional Areas
This position is of a CPI Engineer role for electrical & electronics system team focusing on improving quality of CAT products by effectively executing CPI projects.
1. Lead cross functional teams to address product problems to reduce number of defects and warranty cost
2. Lead multiple CPI (Continuous Product Improvement) projects concurrently, including complex (multiple design controls or organizations) and high commercial impact projects.
3. Be accountable for the in-time execution of the CPI fix-it process following the DMAIC approach incl. but not limited to root cause analysis, development and roll-out of interim/permanent corrective actions together with technical specialists/suppliers/operations.
4. Conduct and lead (statistical) analysis by applying 6 Sigma tools such as Weibull, Pareto or Ishikawa.
5. Report out on the status of CPI projects during global internal and external stakeholder updates.
1. Bachelors / Master degree in an Engineering or Technology field
2. 5+ years of experience in design engineering, product service engineering, project management etc. with the excellent communication skills
3. Strong analytical skills and capabilities. Ability to draw insights from data to make quick, well informed decisions.
4. 6 Sigma Black Belt experience leading complex projects will be preferred
5. Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders and strong business acumen
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.