Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads a team responsible for the maintenance and improvement of accurate inventory records for purchased finished and worked material in buildings KK and H.
- You will be the champion of inventory improvement projects to drive a robust program and process to meet corporate and local requirements for inventory management.
- Reporting to this position are hourly, salaried and contract counters, and reconcilers working in two ERP Systems (MAMM/SAP). You will need to work effectively with diverse, multi-functional teams to maintain and improve inventory record accuracy.
- Responsible for administering corporate compliance monthly counts, miscellaneous audits, discrepancy counts and quarterly ILC Counts. Constant attention to the maintenance and improvement of record accuracy is necessary to allow reduced inventories and ensure optimum service.
- Supervises data entry and grief resolution for all parts, monitor’s monthly counts for completion, analyzes specific adjustments as needed and recommends necessary corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Priorities are the safety of personnel, ensuring accurate and timely counts, robust root cause investigations for discrepancies, employee development, process improvements through projects, team building and adherence/compliance to corporate and local controls.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- In lieu of a degree, 5+ years of job related experience
- 2+ years of team leadership experience and/or formal experience leading a group
Top candidates will also have:
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to creatively solve complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to multiple levels within the organization, interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to cope with shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.