Location: Fort Worth, TX, United States
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 8, 2021
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
SPM Oil & Gas currently has an opening for a Buyer. This position can be located in Fort Worth, Texas or Houston, Texas. As a Buyer at SPM Oil & Gas, you would plan, schedule and monitor supply of purchased material and/or components to ensure manufacturing schedules can be met in a timely and efficient manner.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Plans, schedules and monitors supply of purchased material and/or components to ensure manufacturing schedules can be met in a timely and efficient manner
* Reviews MRP messages to determine purchase order required on a daily basis and makes delivery and quantity adjustments as needed
* Evaluates schedule changes for impact on customer/manufacturing schedule and inventory
* Expedites orders as necessary. Identifies actual and potential delivery issues and takes proactive steps to inform appropriate personnel and resolve
* Manages and finds resolution to non-conforming product delivered by suppliers
* Coordinates Engineering Changes to reduce/mitigate obsolescence
* Supports purchasing of New Product Introductions
* Maintains accuracy of ERP data (leadtime, pricing, minimums, etc.)
* Ensures adherence to all product and process documentation
* Identifies process bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement
* Develops relationships with key suppliers
* Works with suppliers to resolve shortages, discrepancies, quality concerns and performance issues
* Negotiates pricing at the direction of sourcing
* Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests
* Analyzes cost components of purchased product to determine the factors that impact the price of the product
* Requires critical thinking and strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years buyer/purchasing experience, or Associates degree with 5+ year buyer/purchasing related experience, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Top Candidates will also have:
* APICS certification desired
* Ability to negotiate price and delivery with suppliers using internal knowledge and external market factors
* Complete understanding of Material Requirements Planning
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.