As a Logistics Center Manager, you will manage the Middle East Distribution Center based in Jebel Ali, UAE to ensure efficient, high degree of client satisfaction and timely processing and distribution of parts to Dealers and other Caterpillar Distributions Centers.
This is a General Manager level rol where direct reports typically include Operations Manager, EHS Coordinator, IT Analyst, Facility Health Engineer and Facility Engineer.
This position is primarily responsible for meeting Dealer needs and expectations while providing leadership focused on a positive work culture.
- You are responsible for distribution activities such as large receiving areas, packaging, export/import, finished product shipments, etc. to ensure the PQVC metrics (People, Quality, Velocity & Cost) are achieved.
- You provide direction and guidance for continuous quality improvements, operational changes to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency utilizing 6 Sigma methodology and lean resources.
- You develop and manage the annual Business Plan for the facility in order to meet the financial targets.
- You work with your management team to develop/review operational procedures and quality plans to ensure operation complies with local government regulations and requirements.
- You are responsible for all plant engineering and maintenance activities of the facility. In addition, you are responsible for the coordination of safety/medical activities, the development of rearrangement programs, the management of parts returns as well as the operational traffic activities.
- You work closely with HR, when appropriate, to recruit & develop talent in the region as per corporate practices as well as manage all employee related activities/benefits of the facility.
- You represent Caterpillar when liaising with local government authorities. As legal entity General Manager, you bear all respective responsibilities in line with local legislation. You work closely with legal, customs compliance and Product Safety and Compliance teams to ensure robust processes are followed for CAT parts import/export.
- You promote /support day-to-day operational and safety issues with support of management team. Works closely with management team to determine methods to monitor the facility, participate in contract negotiations and related security matters
- Work with Customer Service and Transportation team to ensure Dealer requirements are met and address grievances/concerns impacting the parts distribution.
- A university degree or equivalent experience and a broad background in all aspects of warehouse operations, logistics or supply chain.
- Deep demonstrable experience of managing distribution facilities, with thorough knowledge of local Freezone regulations (JAFZA) and worldwide parts distribution operations within a commercial business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to deal with sensitive issues, development of others, or persuade others inside and outside of the division / BU to take specific action.
- Good human relations, communications (verbal & written), and reasoning/analytical skills.
- Should have a strong presentation skills and a calm, confident and practical, solutions-oriented approach. Should be able to take decisions independently with little direct supervision.
- Should have leadership experience along with exposure to 6 Sigma environments and a good understanding of Warehouse Management Systems & Safety.
At Caterpillar we embrace and promote diversity, we encourage our people to be themselves, this is a place where we succeed on merit.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for the role.
Relocation is available for this position.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.