Working as a Transportation Analyst in the Caterpillar Transportation team, you will be responsible for reviewing transport service performance to support internal Business Units & Dealers. You will be a key subject matter expert managing the transportation accounts process for all business units.
Additional responsibilities of the role may include (but are not limited to):
- Work Directly with carriers, NVOCC, Forwarders and brokers to support transportation accounts, to ensure timely payment and reporting of shipments.
- Gather and analyse data about supplier shipping performance and variability
- Monitor and measure transportation supplier spend for all Divisions, Monthly Corporate Reporting
- Back Up Support for Operations in execution of Inbound and Outbound Shipments.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and negotiation skills to drive supply chain processes across multiple departments within a business division
- Skilled and experienced in analysing and interpreting data
- Experience in the development and deployment of Supply Chain processes
- Leadership skills to effectively lead supply chain improvements making the best use of available resources
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics
- Experience in Project Shipping
- Intermediate to advanced skills in analytical tools including Excel
- Be a self starter and can work autonomously without supervision
- Awareness in time management and deliverables
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.