Planning Analyst (Architect - SAS)
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 9, 2021
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- This is for Architect role in Global Parts Supply (GPS) Aftermarket Data Analytics (ADA) team in Bangalore, India
- Responsible for define, develop & maintain GPS reports through collaboration using safe source of data.
- This role is also critical in managing standard reports on an ongoing basis to help the management to visualize and monitor daily/weekly/monthly positions and trends of business functionalities like Past Due, Backorder, Supplier Shipping Performance, etc.
- Gather user requirements, collect existing data (tables / flat files), Identify Safe Source to establish Fact & Dimension tables for GPS with TACCSS (Transactional, Accurate, Clean, Complete, Safe source & Standardized) Stamp.
- Collaborate with different teams to implement standards.
- Participate or drive performance improvement projects.
- Work closely with global teams in making process improvements and enhancements.
Development & Maintenance:
- Timely response & updates to requesters.
- On time and defect free execution of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Develop & maintain codes / programs with comments and documentation for sustainability.
- Acquire Techno Functional knowledge on processes to identify and fix data / program / report issues.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE "
Graduate with 4-5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Expert in SAS and PC-SAS Programming.
- Experience in handling Snowflake and SnowSQL.
- RDBMS – Oracle.
- Visualization - Power BI.
- Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, SharePoint, PowerApps & Power Automate.
- Willingness to learn and operate new technologies.
- Strong customer focus and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Has the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Is eager to learn & improve, continuously hones their skills.
- Is solution-oriented and shows creativity in their problem-solving skills.
- Has great attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- Has great communication skills – Is able to represent the Architect Team and address its needs & requirements in meetings with process partners (inside & outside of the greater team).
- Must be willing to work in different shifts to have enough overlap with Global team.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP Certification.
- Python, R, .Net, SnapLogic, Attunity & Alteryx.
- Experience engaging customers to gather requirements and develop solutions.
- Understanding of supply chain data and reporting:
- Materials Planning Skills.
- On-Time Shipping and delivery performance.
- Past due & Backorder.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.