Supply Chain Planning Manager
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 9, 2021
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Plans and directs the material planning and material logistic functions to meet the Aftermarket objectives and satisfy customer needs. Interfaces with Operations, Business Resources, Global Purchasing, Suppliers, Logistics, Engineering and worldwide Cat facilities.
- Plans, initiates, and maintains a material procurement process that establishes and achieves the least total cost, best quality and timely delivery for material purchases from internal/external suppliers. Includes managing inventory and record accuracy through monitoring shortage / surplus exception, supplier follow ups, negative on-hands and daily delivery performance.
- Develops and directs internal/external material flow planning. Implements efficient supplier and interplant material supply plans. Meets production and parts requirements while optimizing inventory levels, lot sizing, lead times, packaging, and transportation costs. Provides direct support to manufacturing operations through managing incoming requirements and scheduling of production work orders.
- Implements and coordinates efficient supply-base management. Establishes and nurtures supplier relationships. Includes the identification and implementation of methods to assure suppliers are meeting Caterpillar's technological, communication, material delivery, financial management, and quality needs. Participates in supplier-quality improvement efforts. Provides material requirements expertise to Six Sigma projects and Lean Events as required.
- Selects, trains and assists direct reports while providing career guidance and opportunity for added experience and training. Develops staff skills by focusing on evaluative / analytical thinking, innovative approaches to problem solving and team building. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports.
Minimal Travel Required
POSITION IMPACTS: Incumbent is responsible to achieve SSP and Past due targets across Aftermarket Supply base
BACKGROUND /EXPERIENCE :
- Requires a college degree in engineering, math or related field.
- Extensive parts distribution and/or logistics related experience, including staff and supervisory assignments
- Must have good human relations and communication skills and strong computer systems knowledge.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.