Manufacturing & Supply Chain
As a Fabrication Specialist, you will set up, operate and adjust manual and/or automatic machines to perform welding operations in all positions.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform manual finish welding operations on plain and alloy steels in all positions
- Operate robotic welding equipment
- Follow documented procedures and standard work to perform safe and defect free operations
- Perform carbon arc cutting and gouging
- Sanding may be required to dress welds
- Use of jib and overhead crane to manually position work pieces
- Must be able to pass multiple welder qualification tests during the Caterpillar provided training
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in production environment
- Ability to perform simple computer operations
- Be available to work any shift
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands
- One (1) to three (3) years of GMAW or FCAW welding experience
- Technical school or equal educational background in mechanical or similar discipline
- Experience using GMAW or FCAW with 0.045” or larger wire
- Experience welding ½” or greater thickness material
Top Candidates will also possess:
- Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Ability to work well individually or in a team environment
- This is a supplemental position located at the Caterpillar manufacturing facility located in East Peoria, IL and is part of Caterpillar's Resource Industries Operations & Products Division.
- After successfully passing the 6-week weld school training -welders will be converted from supplemental to full time
- Welders may be placed on any shift, dependent on business needs dictate, and in some areas required to work an alternate work schedule.
- Welders start at $18.94 hr plus a $0.30 off shift premium if applicable. In addition, welders become eligible for a $2/hr retention bonus after 60 days of production work. Welders will receive incremental increases for every 26 weeks of active work until the maximum rate is reached
- No relocation package is available
- Target start date of April/May
- Must be able to pass welder qualification requirements during the Caterpillar provided training by a Certified Welding Educator (CWE), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or approved personnel
- Shifts: 3rd
- Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances including marijuana.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.