At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our team.
Caterpillar is investing in modernizing order management, and we’re looking for a talented and motivated Lead IS Specialist to build a modern and agile world class order management platform in support of current and future business capabilities.
Job Duties: As a Lead IS Specialist you will contribute to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art order management solutions.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including periodically responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Mentors junior developers.
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Innovative peer-leadership with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with customer facts, data and persuasion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required.
- Eight years or more of software development experience or at least five years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Eight years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or at least five years of experience in Java with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- At least three plus years of developing, deploying and maintaining software using AWS public cloud.
- AWS Certified (Developer and/or Solution Architect)
- Demonstrated capability to leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms and object-oriented design.
- Strong passion and hands-on technical experience with the ability to produce proof of concept service designs and/or drive the creation of artifacts by domain architects and implement personas, journey maps, storyboards, etc.
Top candidates will also have proven experience in many of the following:
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
- Message brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Azure Event Hub.
- Datastores such as DynamoDB, Aurora PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Developing software applications using relational and NoSQL databases.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops, Confluence, etc.
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Manager
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience using mocking frameworks and unit test frameworks
- Expertise writing and debugging multi-threaded applications
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus
This position can be on-site or remote within the United States
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/career
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.