This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Xuzhou, JS, China
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2021
Caterpillar’s SMART Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in manufacturing. In addition, Manufacturing Engineers function as a specialist and subject matter expert for technical planning throughout a manufacturing facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Analyze requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, training, equipment needs, and engineering product designs
* Complete both specialized and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions
* Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value proposition and determine project plans
* Analyze, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement machine tools
* Perform capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, product capacity increases, machine replacement and process continuous improvement
* Perform process improvement activities to reduce material and machining cost
* Analyze tooling failures and evaluate tool characteristics and requirements* Improve space utilization in manufacturing and office spaces
* Develop and implement assembly processes in line with Caterpillar standard processes. Support SMART manufacturing strategy design and planning Responsible for smart manufacturing project development and implementation Responsible for factory machine connection, data collection project implementation.
* University or technical school degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
* Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing engineering-related experience
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.