This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Xuzhou, JS, China
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2021
Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in manufacturing. In addition, Manufacturing Engineers function as a specialist and subject matter expert for technical planning throughout a manufacturing facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Analyze requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, training, equipment needs, and engineering product designs
* Complete both specialized and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions
* Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value proposition and determine project plans
* Analyze, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement machine tools
* Perform capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, product capacity increases, machine replacement and process continuous improvement
* Perform process improvement activities to reduce material and machining cost
* Analyze tooling failures and evaluate tool characteristics and requirements
* Improve space utilization in manufacturing and office spaces
* Develop and implement assembly processes in line with Caterpillar standard processes
* University or technical school degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
* Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing engineering-related experience
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
* Electrical and hydraulic knowledge or related project experience is a plus
* Knowledge of PLC programming knowledge or related project experience is a plus
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.