This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 11, 2021
Manage product development, marketing and sales for all non-extended protection and programs for Caterpillar Financial Insurance Services (CFIS) globally.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Develops and implements insurance programs, including but not limited to, Physical Damage, Inventory Protection, Cargo and Corporate Programs (General Liability, Property, Retiree Medical) for current programs and growth initiatives for CFIS and Financial Product Division (FPD).
2.Oversees the development, implementation and management of insurance programs globally. Management of the products includes underwriting, distribution, reinsurance placement—and associated pricing negotiations, loss control, and customer service; marketing; and sales resulting in achievement of CFIS business goals.
3.Performs audits on underwriting programs and processes to ensure proper underwriting guidelines are followed.
4.Continuously identifies critical customer requirements (VOC/VOB) and develops and grows business volume. This includes coordination of all support activities performed consistent with enterprise and CFIS strategies to execute the business and achieve financial and customer loyalty goals.
5.Develops, trains, mentors, engages and motivates assigned staff to achieve department goals. Manages staff to obtain favorable EOS and customer satisfaction results.
6.Engages global business partners and FPD distribution network to ensure effective working relationships are maintained to support unit and enterprise business goals.
7.Manages the relationship with external providers including, but not limited to brokers and reinsurers globally.
8.Creates the annual business plan and develops execution plans to achieve strategic unit and business plan goals and profitability results.
9.Assists with the management of current and new legal entity captives to ensure the global business is efficiently conducted for each business function.
10.May handle credit card information, if selected and trained as a member of a small team of employees to accept payment for new and renewal contracts, policies or change endorsements in this matter.
11.Participates in establishment of clear, customer focused continuous improvement objectives and plans for CFIS to support the continuous improvement values established by FPD. Assists in establishing methods for measurement of these objectives and plans, and reviews progress toward their achievement. Analyzes measurement data, participates in the resolution of any identified problems and makes business decisions based upon the data analysis.
12.Understands the Equal Opportunity and Harassment policies of the company, is responsible for their application in all aspects of management and for the maintenance of an environment which is consistent with these policies.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Advanced knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to oversee, analyze, interpret, and apply problem-solving and decision-making skills to meet the business unit’s goals.
2. Advanced knowledge of and the advanced ability to apply risk management techniques.
3. Advanced knowledge of policy forms and coverage descriptions and the demonstrated ability to interpret, create and modify/draft policy forms/language and coverage descriptions to meet customer requirements.
4. Advanced ability to negotiate with business partners and effectively influence “go to market” strategies to arrive at mutually agreed upon service standards and business practices.
5. Advanced knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Policy for Caterpillar Insurance Company and insurance affiliates.
6. Advanced knowledge of insurance products and their markets, compliance, regulations and NAIC standards.
7. Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply statistical analysis skills to measure, analyze and improve service quality.
8. Demonstrated ability to apply rating mechanisms to product exposures to develop price quotes, as required.
9. Demonstrated ability to apply time management, organization and planning skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to apply project management skills and manage a project’s successful completion.
11. Advanced ability to apply effective oral, written, and listening communications skills.
12. Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills used in financial modeling, forecasting, reserve analysis and insurance pricing.
13. Advanced knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to apply managerial and leadership skills to specific situations and to lead a cross-functional team with the demonstrated ability to apply appropriate leadership styles to the situation.
14. Demonstrated ability to manage and lead the unit within the Human Resource policies and procedures.
15. Advanced ability to lead a cross-functional team and sponsor 6 Sigma projects.
16. Advanced ability to manage, develop and motivate personnel to achieve unit objectives by effectively delegating project assignments.
17. Demonstrated knowledge of competitive markets and make sound recommendations.
18. Advanced thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Business Unit functions, Caterpillar products including their applications and markets, and Caterpillar dealer distribution organizations.
19. Demonstrated ability to promote insurance products and programs, which enhance growth, improve quality, and exceed customer expectations.
20. Demonstrated ability to ensure proper insurance policies and procedures are followed in order to protect CFSC/CISC interests.
21. Demonstrated ability to develop and administer activities of internal and external resources to ensure that a cost-effective program for insurance tracking is established and maintained.
22. Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture positive relationships with external and internal customers.
23. Demonstrated ability to assist in maintaining an atmosphere that establishes quality customer service as the primary focus.
24. Advanced ability to achieve successful strategic, tactical and business plan goals.
25. Advanced ability to manage the preparation of high quality documents, reports, spreadsheets, graphics and presentations.
26. Demonstrated knowledge of and demonstrated ability to utilize computer based software to produce documents, reports, and spreadsheets.
27. Ability to drive a car or arrange for adequate transportation to and from dealerships, customer sites, etc.
28. Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
A 4-year college or university degree and minimum of 10 years exempt experience in commercial property and casualty insurance or commercial risk mitigation is recommended. Previous work experience must include a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory or leadership capacity. Some formal training is preferred in CPCU, AMIM, IIA or similar programs. CPCU is preferred. Must be licensed as an insurance agent in all U.S. jurisdictions, if required. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.