This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Menominee, MI, United States
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 2, 2021
Job Description Summary
As an Auto Set-up/Operator, you will setup, operate, and maintain the automatic assembly machines. Perform required quality inspections on parts and make adjustments when necessary. Execute preventative maintenance on a required basis. May also work in other assembly areas when time is available. Visually inspect parts as processed.
* Verifies components and make tags when jobbing onto operation
* Identify tooling and equipment necessary to perform assigned operation.
* Follow start up and shut down procedures on all equipment, monitor and adjust equipment as necessary and record same.
* Utilize the bulk issue process and the movement and flow of material in order to meet customer expectations.
* Maintain records relating to production, downtime, quality, maintenance, etc.
* Ensure that all quality standards are met by visually inspecting work and/or with measuring devices.
* Recognize operating irregularities and machine malfunctions and make corrections or notify the proper person to correct.
* Perform rework as necessary.
* Perform machine set-up as required.
* Instruct and train assigned operators on work tasks, safety procedures, proper use of equipment and the importance of performing to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 quality standards.
* Perform preventative maintenance on equipment as required.
* Meet or exceed production requirements or notify Team Lead or Manager of reason for deviation from standards.
* Work safely at all times and comply with safety regulations regarding the use of protective equipment and devices.
* Keep work area, equipment, machines, etc. clean and orderly at all times.
* Perform necessary computer transactions in various computer applications and software programs.
* Offer suggestions for improving productivity, process, safety, or work environment
* Perform other miscellaneous job assignments and related functions as directed by Team Lead, Manager or other designated person.
* Must perform as a team member with the willingness and attitude to work with others to resolve problems. Must also maintain a good working relationship with others within the organization.
* Trouble-shooting experience
* Judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of processes using standard methods and procedures
* Experience reading blueprints, specifications and a variety of precision measuring instruments
* Previous job-related experience
* Mechanically inclined
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to effectively communicate with others
* Team attitude
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.