Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar takes a system view of the life of our products. We design and manufacture them for multiple lives, our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to the customer, and we remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to deliver the next generation of value. Our industry leading engineering and manufacturing expertise, large field population and world class dealer organization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us to provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world.
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer III position located in the Corinth, MS facility . This position will have an opportunity to provide the technical expertise necessary to design, develop, and implement manufacturing systems and processes, consisting of complex manufacturing operations and sophisticated manufacturing machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, analyzing, and managing Manufacturing/Assembly Projects
- Assisting in developing department capital and expense budgets
- Maintaining individual capital forecast
- Administering the New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure that Engineering drawings are released and processed on time for NPI build
- Working with multiple departments to ensure material flow, material availability, tooling and quality processes are implemented for successful NPI and engineering change management
- Training new processors and developing training programs and documentation for Processors and Assemblers
- Developing and documenting Manufacturing Engineering processes for training and development of Manufacturing Engineers and Engineering Techs
- Leading problem solving activities to address operational issues including: ergonomic/safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerts
- Working with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost-effective systems and processes to produce quality products
- Designing, developing and implementing the integration of manufacturing systems such as scheduling, work order creation, process routings and documentation, and tooling control systems
- Providing manufacturing technical support in process control and internal certification
- Coordinating the purchase and application of machine tools, controls, and related equipment corporate wide to ensure the latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations
- Research and understand manufacturing best practices related to assembly operations such as torque strategy, in process validation, tooling controls and component traceability
- Designing complex or intricate jigs and fixtures
- Designing lifting devices and assembly aids
- Manage manufacturing floor layout to maximize efficiency and flow
- Providing technical support, machine integration, and programming changes to PLC Logic Controllers, Torque Equipment, Manufacturing systems (PinPoint), Assembly, and Test equipment
- Supporting Engineering Change processes, Warranty reduction, and Continuous Improvement initiatives to improve Safety, Quality, Velocity, and Cost metrics.
- Supporting Maintenance, Contractors, and Suppliers with Troubleshooting, Repair, and Programming Changes to machines and tooling
- Developing, Procuring, and Validating implementation of new machines and tooling
- Lead Safety, Quality and System Improvement projects
- Create and update standard work, safe operating procedures, control plans, Process FMEA and Safety FMEA documentation
- Utilize production data to lead capacity planning and demand planning activities
- Support operations teams in developing labor utilization plans that aligns with process flow and takt time/cycle time analysis
- 3+ years manufacturing related work experience in assembly processes
- University or technical degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Industrial Engineering)
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts (Lean Manufacturing, 6-Sigma, Quality Management Systems, Tooling Controls, etc.)
- Experience with designing requirements and managing implementation of capital assets
- Thorough experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Expertise in learning and managing new computer systems (PinPoint, QAD, SAP, etc.)
- Experience with CAD Software (AutoCAD, PTC Creo, Solidworks, etc.)
- Experience with reading and interpreting engineering Bill of Materials (BOM)
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders at all levels
- Thorough knowledge of Engine design
- Background in DMAIC Lean Principles
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Capital Equipment and Assembly tooling integration project experience
- 3+ years of related work experience in remanufacturing processes
Please ensure you frequently sign in to your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.