This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 10, 2021
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee, including our Global Tax team, moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe.
As a Senior International Tax Analyst (internally titled Tax Consultant) in the U.S. Reporting and Analysis group, you will be responsible for aspects of the U.S Consolidated Federal Income Tax return with a focus on U.S. International activities. This experienced tax professional will be a valued member on a team that performs complex compliance and provision activities, leads and/or supports special projects, and provides support for the IRS income tax audit.
You will have the opportunity to expand your direct income tax experience in multiple U.S. International tax technical areas as well as having great opportunities for career progression. The role will challenge you to combine technical and business knowledge to complete a high-quality work product, adapt to a rapidly changing legislative environment by documenting compliance positions and demonstrate critical thinking skills through the implementation of controls and analysis.
Your job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Tax Compliance Management & Review: Prepares and reviews U.S. International compliance computations for earnings and profits, Subpart F, and GILTI and U.S. International forms, including Form 5471 and 8858. Leads newer staff in U.S. International compliance areas. Liaises with technical specialists to ensure appropriate preparation and review on technical or higher risk areas.
* Tax Planning Support & Special Projects: Analyzes and interprets proposed changes to U.S. and/or non-U.S. tax legislations and regulations with regard to the impact on U.S. International compliance requirements or calculations, requiring in-depth experience, knowledge and judgment. Applies tax research results to optimize enterprise tax effects. Leads process improvement projects. Directs, leads or participates on teams within or outside of the U.S. Reporting and Analysis group on Global Tax initiatives.
* IRS Audit Support: Provides analysis for U.S. tax audits. Develops and reviews responses to inquiries from taxing authorities.
Percentage breakdown of functional areas of responsibility for years 1, 2 or 3:
Functional Areas Year 1 Year 2 Year 3
Tax Compliance Management & Review 45% 45% 40%
Tax Planning Support & Special Projects 25% 25% 30%
IRS & State Audit Support 15% 15% 15%
Tax Accounting 15% 15% 15%
* Bachelor's level degree related to Accounting or an approved certification (CPA/CMA)
* 4-6 years of progressively responsible tax related experience at Big 4 public accounting firm and/or large multinational manufacturing corporation
* Strong U.S. international tax compliance experience
* Experience with tax processes/systems/software (CorpTax, SAP BPC, Excel)
* Proven ability to manage projects
* Demonstrate high levels of initiative, good judgment, and superior communication skills
* Collaborative and team-oriented personality with the ability to build and foster relationships throughout the organization
* Understanding of accounting and business processes, and enterprise operations
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.