This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Sanfor, NC, United States
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 8, 2021
While working at Caterpillar Inc., you will work in an environment that supports excellence. You will lead your team in efforts to support continuous improvement. As a Product Auditor at Caterpillar Inc., you will work under general supervision and perform various product audit functions on BCP components, systems and or machines and other duties
Job duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performance of product quality inspections utilizing check-lists and procedures within specified time intervals
- Documentation of non-conforming items in a computer system
- Communication with supervision and other functions regarding quality issues, repair requirements, and status
- Use of tooling such as torque wrenches, gauges, electrical meters, templates, etc.
- Utilization of CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work
- Operation of skid steer loaders, multi-terrain loaders and compact track loaders
- At least 1 years Manufacturing experience
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Top Candidates will also have:
- Machine equipment product knowledge
- Strong quality and attendance record
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Meticulous and analytical nature
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong commitment to safety, quality and teamwork
- Knowledge of Caterpillar Systems
- Further education beyond high school
- Intermediate proficiency with at least 2 measurement devices and gauges (ex. tape measures, calipers, welding gauge, bore gauge).
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly role in Sanford NC, with an entry pay of $17.26/hr plus. Internal applicants must make their supervisor aware of their application.
SummaryAs a Product Auditor at Caterpillar Inc. you will perform various audit functions on Building Construction Products (BCP) components, systems and/or machines.* Compile daily inventory reports as well as system audits to reconcile the actual number of parts in the factory with system records * Ensure that inventory is sufficient to meet build requirements and to communicate potential shortages to material planners * Perform quality inspection based on the check- list of inspection points/procedures. * Complete inspections using a checklist and tooling provided (static tools, dry leak testing, Cab electrical tests, templates, etc.) * Performs overall quality inspection at quality gates or at pre-delivery inspection. * Inspects products to ensure it meets the specifications as outlined by Engineering. Required Qualifications * Successful completion of Caterpillar’s Non-Management Selection * Ability to stand for prolonged periods * Ability to perform repetitive operations * Ability to lift up to 35 lbs * Ability to follow standard work * Good communication skills * Basic computer skills * Basic problem solving and troubleshooting ability Desired Qualifications * Knowledge of Caterpillar systems