Location: Kuala Lumpur, 10, Malaysia
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 23, 2021
This position is based in Malaysia and reports directly to the Area Manager in the Regional Office responsible for the quality, delivery, cost and velocity of materials/services to their respective client base. The role will encompass managing suppliers, delivering goods and services into Solar facilities/offices and Customer sites that are supported by their Supply Chain while ensuring proper alignment of resources to support the demands of the business. It will require a strong communicator capable of keeping the client fully informed of progress and working closely with the client base to ensure requirements are met.
The incumbent will provide leadership through the development, mentoring and training of personnel capable of delivering a supplier strategy for the assigned commodities. Identification of performance gaps within the supply base and development of improvement plans for the identified gaps are a critical part of this role. Maintaining and promoting the highest level of professionalism and business ethics is crucial. Providing guidance, leadership and coaching for both departmental resources and supporting resources outside of the department to create effective outcomes that support the business needs. Develop, communicate and implement a worldwide sourcing strategy and corresponding demand management strategy for assigned commodities (Balance of Plant, Indirect Goods/Services and Operational requirements). Collaborate with other internal groups/managers to develop, optimize, and integrate a world-class supply base; adding and expanding as needed based on an understanding of customer demand/requirements and ensure engaged suppliers have a complementary market/business strategy.
Directly reporting to this position will be Sourcing Specialists, Supplier Development Engineers, Supplier Technical Engineers, Buyers, Material Planners and Logistics personnel, each of which are accountable for a specific commodity based on predetermined variables as appropriate by the leadership. Within your teams, you will be accountable for the development of a global supply base, global compliance regulations, maintaining a long term sourcing strategy, commercial negotiations, purchasing contract management, cost reduction initiatives, business risk management, capacity planning, supplier product quality, supplier lean, CPS and BIQ development as applicable, material planning, logistics support and engage in process improvement initiatives to streamline work and facilitate the support deployment of new systems/tools within their assigned business area. This position will require frequent business travel.
1) Provide strategic leadership in the area of supply base cost reduction, business risk management and sourcing support for multiple client bases.
2) Be a leader for your team by establishing Supply Chain strategies and specific SMART goals for employees within your team and monitor progress to goals, and taking action to ensure objectives are met.
3) Provide supply chain leadership with international facility initiatives, help develop local content country strategies for applicable commodities, champion inventory reduction initiatives, provide strategic leadership and be accountable for supply chain related regulatory or compliance initiatives such as: Conflict Minerals, Fraud and Anti Bribery, etc.
4) Collaborate with peer Supply Chain leaders and Supply Chain Processes Leads to ensure Supply Chain processes are efficient, compliant, and that they are consistently being followed across geographical regions.
5) Be accountable for maintaining a high performing team of Supply Chain professionals consisting of Sourcing Specialists, Buyers, Supplier Technical Engineers, Supplier Development Engineers, and as applicable Planners/Supply Chain Coordinators, capable of supporting Solar’s Supply Chain needs now and into the future.
6) Manage department OCE budgets, staffing / employee costs, succession plans, capital plans & budgets to ensure annual business plan commitments are met.
Relocation is not available for this opening.
Solar Turbines is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Solar Turbines conducts Drug Screens and Background Checks.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer for this opening. As a global company, Solar Turbines offers many job opportunities which can be found through our employment website at https://www.solarturbines.com/en_US/careers.html.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.