This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lafayette, IN, United States
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 15, 2021
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division currently has an opening for a Marine Application Engineer located in Lafayette, Indiana. As a Marine Application Engineer at Caterpillar, you will be responsible to drive OPACC through technical support of selling process. You will act as a technical consultant and industry expert to dealers and internal sales team. Secondary functions of NPI / Product Development support and Technical documentation are as well critical to success.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provides technical expertise and pre-sales support for Caterpillar branded marine engines to our global dealer network and customers
* Work with various levels of industry partners, including dealers, shipyards, operators, and owners to successfully apply diesel engines in the many varied vessel applications
* Ensure a product’s technical specifications and capabilities are communicated to the sales force and to provide technical assistance as needed to enable the sale of Caterpillar products
* Serve as a subject matter expert to product development efforts by providing critical customer input on market requirements and working with the NPI team to optimize the product for the most cost-effective installation for our customers
* Develop and maintain application and installation manuals, price list creations/revisions, technical communications, preparing and conducting product and application training for dealers and end customers as well as assisting customers and dealers with complex or unique applications
* Infrequent travel will be required globally to support specific sales opportunities, deliver dealer training, support industry trade shows, conduct installation audits, and troubleshoot field issues (pre delivery)
* Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited marine, mechanical or electrical engineering or technologist curriculum
* 5+ years relevant engineering experience
* Experience with design and/or application of engine and/or generator products
Top Candidates will also have:
* Marine industry or dealer power systems experience in a technical support role
* Understanding of Caterpillar engine product structure
* Prior experience in dealer/customer facing positions.
* Pro/e and Teamcenter experience
* SAP experience
* Engine system experience such as working knowledge of cooling, lubrication, fuel, air and exhaust systems in stationary or marine applications
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.