Caterpillar’s Corporate Services organization is leveraging digital technologies and quantitative methods to solve business opportunities and enhance business insight capabilities. As a Senior Analyst in our Data, Technology, and Strategy group within Global Tax you will participate or lead teams on projects and initiatives, utilize digital skills to enhance data and processes, build visualizations, and support specific tax systems and applications.
- Provide data and technology expertise across Global Tax with a focus on Microsoft Products
- Participate, support and lead team meetings and projects
- Originate and lead process improvement projects to drive efficiencies through the tax lifecycle
- Manage implementation of process improvement opportunities which may include streamlining, automation of manual efforts, establishing controls, documentation, and training
- Lead application/system enhancement projects, coordinating internal and external resources
- Build and maintain dashboards and visualizations utilizing Power BI
- Competent to perform all necessary data related tasks within Power BI which include data modelling, data analysis, data quality, monitoring and technical troubleshooting of data issues.
- Oversee the administration, maintenance, and resolution of user issues of tax related systems and applications
- Provide tactical support to tax consultants and managers, as well as other Caterpillar business partners on tax requirements to comply with regulations and internal control practices
- Accomplish a high level of complex and/or technical analysis, analyze various outputs, advise others (inside and outside of tax), resolve issues and communicate these outcomes
Possible areas may include but are not limited to:
- Supporting tax leadership on annual financial statement reporting and controls
- Providing leadership on financial issues in areas such as tax and financial systems
- Support controversy teams on complex tax audits
- Evaluate consequences of law changes on systems and data communicating to a broader global audience
- Supporting provision of business analysis for more complex business studies with multiple issues
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or related field
- 5 to 6 years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Microsoft Power BI advanced capabilities
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong diagnostic and analytical ability
- Aptitude for process design and technology
- Strong communication skills, initiative, good judgment, and customer focus
- Self-starter, able to work independently and adaptable to changing priorities
- Good interpersonal, teaming, delegation, and leadership skill
- Previous project management experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with MS Access
- Knowledge of Caterpillar, it’s products and services, it’s internal systems, accounting and business processes, and procedures
- Interest in expanding digital skillset with enterprise and external offerings
This position will ideally be located in Peoria or Deerfield, IL but is open to be located any Caterpillar facility.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.