This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 12, 2021
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops proposals, coverage reviews and inquires; processes changes, cancellations and billings; responds to customer inquiries and placement coverage for Caterpillar Financial Aftermarket Solutions (CFAS), Caterpillar Insurance Services Corporation (CISC) or related insurance entities.
2. May quote coverage to the business unit’s customers.
3. Maintains underwriting, marketing, contract files or policy files and may train customers in reporting and agency functions, as job requires. Assembles submissions, proposals and other marketing materials.
4. Issues new and renewal contracts, policies or change endorsements. May provide customers with changes and cancellations per request. May review insurance policies and endorsements and may negotiate wording with insurance carriers.
5. May handle credit card information, if selected and trained as a member of a small team of employees to accept payment for new and renewal contracts, polices or change endorsements in this manner.
6. Coordinates and monitors the servicing activities of the business unit’s customers.
7. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
8. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Ability to apply time management, organization and planning skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of and the ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply problem-solving and decision-making skills, within the scope of job duties.
4. Demonstrated expertise in preparing high quality documents, reports, spreadsheets and graphics.
5. Demonstrated ability to apply rating mechanics to product exposures to develop price quotes, as required.
6. Knowledge of Aftermarket Solution or insurance principles.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently in an organized manner.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of policy forms and coverage descriptions.
9. Demonstrated ability to apply negotiation skills with partners to arrive at mutually agreed upon service standards and business practices.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Policy for Caterpillar Insurance Company and insurance affiliates.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of Aftermarket or Insurance products, policies, and procedures.
12. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply statistical analysis skills to measure, analyze and improve service quality.
13. Ability to sit, focus on computer screen, and type on keyboard for long periods of time.
14. Knowledge of and ability to utilize computer-based software to produce documents, reports and spreadsheets.
15. Demonstrated ability to apply effective oral, written, and listening communication skills.
16. Knowledge of Caterpillar Business Units, Caterpillar products including their applications and markets and Caterpillar dealer organizations, within the scope of job duties.
17. Demonstrated ability to link communication between various internal and external customers and the appropriate staff member.
18. Ability to enforce high-quality standards driven by company objectives and a strong motivation to better CFAS or CFSC/CISC.
19. Knowledge of and the ability to ensure proper aftermarket solutions or insurance policies and procedures are followed to protect CFAS or CFSC/CISC interests.
20. Ability to develop and administer activities of internal and external resources to ensure that a cost-effective program for aftermarket solutions or insurance tracking is established and maintained.
21. Ability to actively participate in a cross functional team.
22. Assist in linking communication between various internal and external customers and the appropriate staff member.
23. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
24. Ability to produce work quickly and accurately and generate various reports when requested.
25. Ability to evaluate risk situations and operate within authority levels.
26. Ability to analyze exposures and make decisions on coverage acceptance and quoting.
27. Ability to manage a customer’s program with minimal supervision.
A 4-year college or university degree and a minimum of 2 years exempt experience in property and casualty insurance or risk mitigation is recommended if the job role is assigned to Insurance; or a minimum of 2 years exempt experience in the administration of program enrollments, creation and communication of program processes and implementation of process improvements is recommended if the job role is assigned to Aftermarket Solutions. If assigned to Insurance, must be licensed as a Property & Casualty insurance agent in the State of Tennessee within 1 year of job placement. Previous work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.