This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lafayette, IN, United States
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 12, 2021
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for an Integration Engineer. This position can be located in Houston, Texas, Mossville, Illinois or Lafayette, Indiana. As an Integration Engineer at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for independently developing and evaluating complex vessel machinery and power systems solutions, overseeing their integration and helping drive their constant improvements and innovations. You will also benchmark specific solution architectures against others in a value-based manner while understanding how a specific solution affects Vessel owners’ CAPEX/OPEX and overall value chains, Vessel design contract targets, Vessel pilots’ performance requirements, and Vessel crews’ troubleshooting and service requirements.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Design, analysis and integration of electrical/mechanical power production, conversion and management systems, (and any combination thereof) and their associated controls
* Provide technical sales and integration support of highly integrated turnkey hybrid/electrified power systems and/or constituent system components into target marine markets
* Development and management of comprehensive application and interface data for proposed hybrid/electrified systems and constituent system components
* Employing a thorough understanding of shipbuilding best practices with mechanical and electrical interface aspects for diesel engines, AC generators, batteries and various propulsion system and driven components
* Aid development, validation, implementation and maintenance of sophisticated model-based simulation and optimization tools to streamline design, sale, installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of hybrid and electrified power solutions
* Steer sourcing of internal or external components/solutions and creating price quotations for the complete scope of supply. Once a project is sold responsibilities will include project management and technical installation support for the complete scope of supply
* Analyze and determine the optimum technical concept for each individual vessel project application and provide this service to our sales organization together with our clients in order to support the sale and installation for the full Caterpillar engine-, propulsion-, and system integration package solution towards our client
* Develop and maintain a strong and long-term relationship as a partner with key marine industry decision makers and influencers of marine propulsion/generation system selection and sourcing (vessel owners, shipyards, ship designers, etc.)
* Collaborate closely with the Product teams in developing new products and services for our customers
* Develop and maintain Caterpillar’s image and brand positioning in accordance with Caterpillar’s global standards
* Analyze market research & customer survey
* Collaborate with other functions and businesses during planning and process improvement activities to ensure timely completion of all corporate objectives and milestones
* University degree in any of the following disciplines or similar fields; Electrical Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering
* 5+ years of experience with design and control of complex dynamic electrical and mechanical systems
* Previous experience in design & application engineering for Marine propulsion equipment
Top Candidates will also have:
* Proven track record of being able to develop and understand complex technical solutions and arguments
* Must have high leadership skills and be results oriented (i.e. responsible, driven, takes initiative etc.)
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.