Location: Mapleton, IL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 19, 2021
Lathe Specialist – 2nd/3rd Shift
The Caterpillar Mapleton facility is adding jobs and growing! We are in need of hiring more employees due to the additional work being brought into the facility.
As a Lathe Specialist you will performs any necessary repair, alteration or adjustment of transportation and material moving equipment, including work on electrical, mechanical, chassis and body parts of such equipment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Two years of prior work experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
* Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
* Ability to stand throughout an 8 to 12-hour shift
* Ability to operate heavy machinery and manufacturing equipment
Top candidates will also have:
* Previous machine shop, foundry, or manufacturing experience
* Math skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Problem solving and decision-making
* Positions are for 2nd Shift and 3rd shift.
* Positions are in Mapleton, IL
* There is no relocation offered for these positions.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.