Location: Mapleton, IL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 19, 2021
Melting Specialist – 2nd Shift
The Caterpillar Mapleton facility is adding jobs and growing! We are in need of hiring more employees due to the additional work being brought into the facility.
As a Melt Operations Specialist you will performs a variety of functions required to reline melting and holding furnaces and pouring ladles.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Operates control station to monitor and control melting station
* Analyzes control signals
* Controls melting operations
* Detects deviations and initiates corrective action
* Two years of prior work experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
* Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
* Ability to stand throughout an 8 to 12-hour shift
* Ability to operate heavy machinery and manufacturing equipment
Top candidates will also have:
* Previous machine shop, foundry, or manufacturing experience
* Math skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Problem solving and decision-making
* Positions are for 2nd Shift
* Positions are in Mapleton, IL
* There is no relocation offered for these positions.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.