Resource Industries Operations & Products (RIOP) has a new opportunity at the Decatur, Il. facility for a Human Resources Consultant position, whose primary focus will be to drive transformational improvements in culture and engagement at the Decatur facility. This position will be responsible for designing and implementing various organizational programs with focus on attraction, development and retention of talent
Position will report to the Decatur Human Resources Manager and support the Operations and Supply Chain organization of approximately 3,000 employees. This is an opportunity to drive change and make an impact on employees across all payrolls and all shifts.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and deploy local programs focused on driving cultural transformation through intentional employee engagement strategies. Research and prepare creative solutions to improve facility culture, diversity and inclusion, and talent development across all payrolls.
- Partner with operations leadership to understand business priorities and translate into an executable strategy to deliver value for the business. Prepare required materials to ensure leadership support, and facilitate development of the new human resource processes to deliver on the strategy.
- Drive succession planning at the facility level. Identify gaps, establish development priorities, and ensure talent readiness for future roles within facility. Partner with talent acquisition and other Caterpillar divisions to identify opportunities for building / supporting future talent needs.
- Partner with stakeholders to design and facilitate talent development programs and processes focused on addressing gaps in succession, skills, and capabilities. Specific emphasis will be placed on operations leadership development.
- Provide direction and guidance to all levels on Human Resource policies and procedures, ensuring consistency
- Analyze facility trends and feedback impacting attraction, retention, culture and the overall Caterpillar Employee Experience to develop and implement improvement strategies across the facility
- Play an integral role in analyzing results from the facility Employee Insights survey to assist with development and governance of improvement activities
- Consult with facility leadership on ways to improve organizational effectiveness and culture
- Confront complex issues or concerns, which require careful analysis and diagnosis. Situations arise that are often unique and require critical problem-solving skills to develop original solutions.
Internal customers include employees at all levels at the Decatur facility - support, management and union represented production workforce.
- 4 year University Degree
- 6 – 10 years of progressive human resources experience with a mix of HR business partner and talent/organizational development roles supporting a manufacturing facility
- 6+ years’ experience of organization planning, and data analytics
Top Candidates will also have:
- Ability to communicate and build effective relationships
- Proven track record of creating programs and translating into operational execution
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Human Resources environment
- Experience in labor relations, benefits, compensation, HR policy and procedure administration, and training/development with a desire to work in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with all workforce levels - support, management and production
- Proven teamwork across cross-functional groups
- Ability to influence others
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.