Location: Work Location City, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2021
Hose & Coupling Consultant
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Construction Industries Services Division (CISD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value,
Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers, our company and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join CISD.
The Hose and Coupling (H&C) Marketing Consultant will play a critical role in leading Caterpillar’s effort to grow H&C Services with our dealers. This position will lead dealer engagements to communicate the corporate strategy, develop dealer-specific action plans, and support dealers in the action plan execution. The position will be responsible to achieve targeted H&C services growth. This position requires the ability to influence and drive change and execution with dealers.
• Lead H&C growth workshops with complex dealers – opportunity analysis, growth target setting, investment and action plan development and execution support.
• Influence and support dealers to invest in appropriate H&C Services solutions - support dealer business case development.
• Drive growth results.
• Coordinate with dealers to understand roadblocks and facilitate incremental support from the enterprise as needed.
• Provide subject matter expertise to support dealers with playbook implementation, inventory, customer experience, and go-to-market success.
• Provide on-site training as needed.
• Document dealer successful practices and support promotion and sharing of success to foster the broader initiative.
• Develop playbooks, training materials, or other supporting content enable growth.
• Bachelor's Degree OR 15+ years product support experience in lieu of degree
• Minimum of 9 years job-related professional experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with dealer or distribution organizations – sales, operations, or distribution.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Experience with Hydraulics or Hose & Coupling services
• Caterpillar field rep experience
• Ability to lead projects and drive results with high autonomy.
• Experience with global organizations and a global customer base.
• Experience in the development and commercialization of products or services.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to interact with and influence executive leadership.
• Knowledge of Caterpillar products, aftermarket, and dealer distribution network.
• Diverse experience outside of Caterpillar in services industries.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.