This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2021
Review and process documentation packages returned from Caterpillar dealers and Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC) customers in order to ensure completeness based on finance type and credit conditions and to ensure compliance with all accounting and credit policies prior to the initiation of booking and funding. Transactions reviewed for funding may include retail financing from Caterpillar dealers, retail financing via direct lending to customer, option financing or lease extensions for current CFSC lease customers and wholesale financing for Caterpillar dealers. Transactions reviewed in this role include all reversals, Cat Used transactions, dealer wholesale transactions and corporate account transactions. Additionally, transactions may include some dispositions and any retail transactions to which coverage has been assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures that all documentation is present and complete in order to meet the requirements for both the finance type and credit approval.
2. Maintains information for pending reports to ensure timely funding of all transactions, communicating with the customer, Caterpillar dealer or Credit Analyst to obtain information to complete document file.
3. Submits transactions to the Documentation Manager for audit prior to funding.
4. Orders lien searches for any transactions that fall outside of PMSI due to delivery date or require a search due to credit policy or conditions and liaise with Collateral Services to obtain for the status of lien searches or precipitating subordination requests.
5. Verifies adequate insurance coverage for each transaction prior to funding based on finance type and credit conditions.
6. Final prices transactions within required parameters for finance type, rate, etc. in order to ensure proper subsidy programs have been utilized and equipment has been transferred to the obligor within the Caterpillar systems.
7. Books and funds transactions within CFSC’s origination and leasing systems making corrections and final pricing the transactions when necessary.
8. Maintains information within CustomerExpress for the accurate and timely dispatch of the various funding reports to notify treasury, the LKE tax department and the Caterpillar dealers of daily funding.
9. Notifies Cat Insurance that funds are sent when customer purchases Cat Insurance coverage.
10. Calculates interim interest when applicable.
11. Utilizes documentation to verify or update customer information in CustomerExpress, FinancExpress and InfoLease.
12. Prepares and processes wire transfers when applicable.
13. Processes direct debit payments within InfoLease when applicable.
14. Ensures the modification of contracts within the system where there are additional drawdowns and/or when there are principal payments submitted.
15. Implements calculations as applicable for each contract with variable rates.
16. Processes checks that are submitted daily from customers and deliver periodically to ensure timely processing of customer payments.
17. Provides documentation for subsidy and works with Sales Support Representatives to help resolve grief items.
18. Communicates via telephone with each new financing customer to welcome customers to Caterpillar Financial thanking them for their business and confirming contact information.
19. Communicates with dealers, territory managers and internal CFSC departments to ensure that any missing or inaccurate items within the documentation package are resolved efficiently.
20. Communicates with dealers to provide any additional reporting that will be useful for the dealership. This may include dealer snapshot reports or additional information on pending transactions or daily funding.
21. Participates in communication with customers within the parameters of the Welcome Calls initiative.
22. Trains dealer personnel on FinancExpress, SignaturExpress and document requirements when applicable.
23. Trains lower-level employees, including troubleshooting, reviewing and booking of deals as needed.
24. Develops training materials.
25. Recommends updates to website and ensures implementation.
26. Develops presentations for dealers and internal departments as needed.
27. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
28. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage numerous tasks.
3. Demonstrated computer skills, including the ability to effectively type for up to 75% of the day.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office products, including the ability to prepare and maintain spreadsheets.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
6. Advanced knowledge of systems used by Document Services, including (but not limited to): InfoLease, FinancExpress, IRMA, CT Lien Solutions, DocExpress, SignaturExpress and CustomerExpress.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of CFSC and Caterpillar dealer processes.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of finance products, policies, and procedures.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of CFSC documentation procedures.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of billing and invoicing procedures.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of tax requirements and accounting principles required for booking and funding.
12. Demonstrated knowledge of UCC laws and regulations.
13. Demonstrated knowledge of titled equipment and the laws and regulations that govern these transactions.
14. Demonstrated knowledge of the legal and credit requirements that govern documentation for each finance type utilized by CFSC.
15. Demonstrated fundamental knowledge of floating rate pricing.
16. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high-level of accuracy.
17. Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
18. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, make decisions, and take measured risks using available data as well as insight.
19. Demonstrated proven ability to concentrate on results while being flexible to achieve goals.
20. Demonstrated sense of urgency and willingness to be accountable for one’s work product.
21. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships, working effectively with others inside and outside of the company.
22. Demonstrated proven ability to strive for quality as well as timeliness, maintaining perspective as to the outcome of the decisions.
23. Demonstrated ability to apply successful problem solving and job-planning skills and techniques.
A 4-year college or university degree in a business discipline and a minimum of 2 years exempt experience in credit, customer services, collections, document services, accounting or treasury is required. Previous exempt work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted by an exhaustive summary of responsibilities, duties and effort required of employees assigned to this job. At the discretion of management, this description may be changed at any time to address the evolving needs of the organization.