This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Feb 25, 2021
JOB PURPOSE: To direct and participate in the design and development of complex, major engineering product or
process projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality,
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
• Lead complex project or program for new product introduction.
• Understand customers’ needs and product application
• Manage project/program to the plan
• Own the product cost and develop strategies to achieve target costs.
• Develop product acceptance criteria including reliability and durability targets
• Communicate technical information and project status to senior management and other stakeholders.
• Keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies.
• Develop competitive benchmarking
• Support and direct other engineers during product development and testing
Success factors –Effective Communication, demonstrating excellent analytical skills and a mastery of engineering
concepts. Major challenges facing incumbents are meeting design goals for cost, reliability, performance, timelines and
managing multiple priorities.
This position provides a platform for growth and leadership skills development. Incumbent will have opportunities to lead
a diverse cross function team to develop world class engineering solutions for our global products while gaining increased
business management skills.
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree with more than 9 years of mechanical/electrical experience is required.
• Thorough understanding of the new product introduction (NPI) process
• Must be a self-starter with strong analytical skills.
• Proven technical leadership
• Must be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Diesel / Gas genset or similar automobile/machine products design, development, testing and
• Understanding of International standards like ISO8528, UL2200, UL489
• (Mechanical) Design requirements for Noise, Ambient Capability and Finite Element Analysis of structural
• (Electrical) Must have thorough knowledge of the design and working of one or more of the following- AC Generators
(Alternators), Voltage Regulators, Controllers, Circuit Breakers, Digital & Analog I/O modules and communication
protocols (CAN, ethernet, RS232).
• Six Sigma Blackbelt.