This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Seguin, TX, United States
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2021
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Electric Power Division has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Engineer located in Seguin, Texas. As a Lead Engineer at Caterpillar, you will direct and participate in the design and development of complex, major engineering product or process projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Lead complex project or program for new product introduction
* Understand customers’ needs and product application
* Manage project/program to the plan
* Own the product cost and develop strategies to achieve target costs
* Develop product acceptance criteria including reliability and durability targets
* Communicate technical information and project status to senior management and other stakeholders
* Keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies
* Lead competitive benchmarking
* Support and direct other engineers during product development and testing
* Meet design goals for cost, reliability, performance, timelines and managing multiple priorities
* Keep up to date on changing customer needs as the project progresses, understand complex technical problems and demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions
* Manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology
* Develop increased technical breadth and/or depth as well as gaining increased business management skills
* College/university degree required
* 8+ years of progressive engineering assignments to gain mastery of complex system design and concepts
Top Candidates will also have:
* Advanced degree a plus
* Thorough understanding of the new product introduction (NPI) process
* Knowledge of the design and new product development of automobile or engine products
* Knowledge of the design and working of diesel and gas gensets
* Must be a self-starter with strong analytical skills and technical leadership
* Spatial & Conceptual design
* Strong focus on product cost
* Must be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.