This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2021
JOB PURPOSE: To participate in the concept and design of complex engineering products for release to production in a
manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, serviceability at the most affordable cost.
JOB DUTIES: The primary role of a Sr. Associate Engineer is that of an individual contributor to the planning and delivery
of a project.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
· Support the Design and development of new components, subsystems or processes.
· Support the validation & testing activities of mechanical components and subsystems;
· Work on continuous cost reduction ideas;
· Work closely with key suppliers on new product development;
· Communicate technical information to customers, team members, suppliers and other units
· Work with Team leads and Senior Engineers for timely completion of projects & assignments.
Success factors – –Demonstrating excellent analytical skills and a mastery of engineering concepts. Major challenges
facing incumbents are meeting design goals for cost, reliability, performance, timelines and managing multiple priorities.
Incumbent will have opportunities to work with a diverse cross function team for development of world class engineering
solutions for our global products.
Sr. Associate Engineers must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying
abreast of technology. This position provides a platform for growth and leadership skills development.
Relocation is available for this position.
Key skills and Knowledge requirement:
· Ability to work independently on 3D/2D Design software & PLM software.
· Application of GD&T and tolerance stack up.
· Good Understanding of foundational areas of Mechanical Design.
· Demonstrate strong analytical skill.
· Must be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Mechanical Engineering degree from a reputed University with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed University plus 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Must have working knowledge of Creo, Creo Simulate & Teamcenter.
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following- Structural components like Baseframe, Enclosure, Cooling System,
Air & Exhaust systems.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.