Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 9, 2021
Caterpillar’s Section Manager position leads teams and supervises people across multiple employee categories / payrolls in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules
* Determines priorities and sequences jobs
* Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements
* Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate
* Procures and distributes production material to meet schedules
* Increase production efficiency through continuous improvement and waste elimination
* Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule
* Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others
* Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training
* Section Value Stream Mapping
* Actively deploys section value stream improvements
* Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement
* Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics
* Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures
* Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in a Manufacturing-related discipline
* In lieu of a degree, 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing, manufacturing operations processes, materials and / or quality
* Leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment
Top candidates will also have:
* Recent 1+ year experience as a team lead or supervisory role
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing
* Previous Automotive/Industrial/Manufacturing Paint experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/CareersRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.