As a Commercial Consultant at Caterpillar, you will provide revenue support work for Resource Industries products (machines). Specifically, as a P&L sales variance ambassador, you will work closely with MBD and product group business resources to forecast and analyze sales variance results and develop reporting tools to support monthly business reviews with management.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely within the Global Machine Pricing (GMP) organization with merchandising and product pricing teams to collect, summarize, evaluate, and communicate monthly P&L Marketing Sales Variance (SV) forecast detail.
- Maintain data models used to aggregate forecast input and summarize detailed explanations for monthly changes. Provide consistent views of the detail that can be used to further evaluate proposed changes and scenario views.
- Communicate updates for forecast data and root causes to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Leading projects within the GMP groups focused on Machine price realization process improvements.
- Educate and coach MBD BR teams on P&L sales variance drivers and net price realization analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree concentrated in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, or related fields
- 5+ years of job related experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Prior experience as a Revenue/Pricing Analyst or equivalent level job in a Caterpillar management role in 6 Sigma, Marketing, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience or knowledge of Machine sales variance
- Knowledge of the Corporate Accounting post-sale credit accrual process
- Ability to confront unique and complex issues or problems, which require careful analysis, diagnosis and often innovative solutions
- Ability to set priorities and establish a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results
- Must have strong analytical ability and initiative, be results oriented and have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong personal computer skills with experience in Tableau, Power BI, and/or Power Query
- Demonstrated ability to teach and train others
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.