Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 30, 2021
As an Diesel Technician at Caterpillar Inc., you will continuously improve process efficiency by performing the assembling, fitting, and adjusting and/or dismantling required in the build or disassembly of prototype machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Work is widely diversified without established procedures
* Assembly, adjusting, fitting, fabrication and disassembly of components
* Fitting for cooling, air, hydraulic connections, and wiring harnesses for adaptation of the test device to the test machine.
* Installing necessary test leads and thermocouples as required for performing the test
* Assembly of entire machine or the build up of subassemblies
* Ability to work on top of and around machines while using fall protection
* Uses various precision gauging tools to check accuracy of assembly and fitting operations.
* Uses all common mechanic's hand tools, calibrated torque tools, power presses, and powered crane to assemble parts into complete unit
* Makes suggestions concerning methods of overcoming difficulties encountered in assembly/disassembly
* Possess 2-year technical degree in a field such as: earthmoving machines, diesel engines, or automotive mechanic. As an alternative, candidate must have earthmoving equipment dealer or military service technician experience greater than 2 years.
Top Candidates will also have:
* Heavy equipment or diesel engine mechanic experience
*Experience driving heavy equipment
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.