Are you ready to build what matters? Build More Than Machines. Build a Career.
Caterpillar is looking for candidates that want to build a career. This is a rare opportunity to join the Caterpillar Athens team as a direct hire.
Position includes a wage of $22.04/hour (rate includes 8% night shift premium), quarterly goal sharing program and a comprehensive benefit program that begins on Day 1. Employment includes a 2-week training program. Watch our video to see our Athens Team build top-of-the-line excavators and tractors.
As a Logistics Team Lead at Caterpillar, you will assist the Section Manager in coordinating workflow, promoting cooperative team relationships, establishing daily priorities, etc., and you will also be performing various warehousing functions at the Athens, GA facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating workflow
- Promoting cooperative team relationships
- Actively promoting safe work practices and procedures
- Establishing daily priorities, providing feedback to supervisory team on Associate performance
- Performing and/or coordinating the training of Associates on work techniques and promoting continuous improvement.
- Assists the Section Manager in performing the material handling and warehousing functions required in inbound, outbound and other operational functions.
- Working from a variety of source documents to verify quantities, count parts, fill orders, package parts, etc.
- Using machines for weighing, banding, wrapping, packaging, stenciling, etc.
- Maintaining related records or reports as required and resolving discrepancies where needed
- Operating computer terminals to access and update information for receiving, counting, and order processing
- Performing and assigning housekeeping functions; using mobile equipment as required facilitating job functions
- Reporting defects and need for repairs on mobile equipment by following safety procedures
- Assisting the Warehouse Associates in resolving various work related issues.
- Must have Logistics experience
Physical requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry material weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15 to 30 minutes
- Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- Walk, squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes
Top candidates will also have:
- Team Lead or Supervisor Experience (highly desired)
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Intermediate proficiency with MACH 1/Warehouse Management experience (highly desired)
- Intermediate proficiency with SAP
- Excavator and/or Tractor product line experience
- The ability to read/write and interpret documents
- The ability to perform a variety of record keeping and reporting functions Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team environment
Additional Information: Resumes are encouraged for all applicants. This is a 2nd shift hourly position with a starting wage of $22.04/hour (includes the
8%-night shift premium). Position is located in Athens, GA. No relocation benefits are available.