This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2021
Product Support Operations Rep
As a Product Support Operations rep in our development program you will develop skills and experience becoming a Caterpillar change agent across Caterpillar dealers based in Africa and Middle East. Some of the topics of Services you’ll expect to develop on go from strategy and profitability to process improvements, and customer experience. The position will be focused on developing the employee to be a successful support employee for Caterpillar’s distribution network across Africa & Middle East and implement market leading processes.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a passion for business and process improvements to step up to the mark and train with us to become a product support representative within the company.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This is a 2 year fixed term development program with an excellent conversion to permanent, this will mainly be made of rotational assignments to develop a broad experience base, to be involved with process development and implementation and engage in multi-functional projects related to Technology/Digital development, Parts, Service and Sales Operations.
The development will also include an intense 2½ months Caterpillar Induction Training, most likely in another location (depending on current travel restrictions)
After successful completion of the development program the candidate will transition into a role in a District office (current office locations Dubai, Johannesburg, Abidjan) where they will be responsible for driving dealer strategical alignment in the areas of Services, Customer Experience within product support, parts operations and repair processes. In this role, the incumbent will be working with key Cat dealers, the region-based teams and experts.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
* Business or Engineering Degree
* Open to travel arrangements in Africa and Middle East for dealer support, travel could be approx. 50% of the time over the course of a year
* Must be willing to work in the Middle East and relocate to Africa upon business needs, current office locations Dubai, Johannesburg, Abidjan
* Have good academic score
* Fluent spoken and written English
* Minimum of 2 years of work experience
* Good interpersonal skills
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
* The work experience should be ideally with Services or Customer Support processes: Process Improvements, Project Management, Repair Process, Customer Solution, Customer Support or Customer Experience
* A strong understanding of the American Culture – ideally has had work experience or some education in the USA
* Experience working with Chinese culture would also be greatly valued
* A positive and entrepreneurial spirit
* Be fluent in another of these languages: Mandarin, Arabic, Turkish or French
* Strong communication, analytical, leadership and influencing skills and ability to operate independently
* A high level technical understanding of mechanics, cars or construction machinery
* Problem Solver
At Caterpillar we embrace and promote diversity, we encourage our people to be themselves, this is a place where we succeed on merit.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for the role.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.