Manufacturing & Supply Chain
The key focus for the Manufacturing Project Manager is to develop and execute a project portfolio aligned with plant strategy focused on Safety, People, Quality, Velocity, and Cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Requires a high degree of experience in Project Management across multiple functions and possesses people skills that promote efficiency and effectiveness of teams in a diverse and cross-functional work environment.
- Works with the local Leadership Team and process partners to develop and execute a project portfolio focused on strategic and tactical plans to meet business objectives.
- Provides direction and guidance in a continuous effort to improve manufacturing productivity and total cost aligned with business plans.
- Focuses on standardization of technology, where applicable, across the facility and provides leadership in the implementation of integrated technologies within the factory.
- Develops individual and standardized presentations on all projects and establishes priorities for cost effectiveness.
- Performs liaison duties with various functional areas to promote smooth transition of new and revised corporate and plant systems and operations.
- Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc., in performing assigned duties.
- Champions change management and ensures all interested parties through the communication and control plan are engaged and aligned.
- Manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others.
- Impacts all key metrics involving Safety, People, Quality, and Cost.
- A Bachelors degree in business, engineering, manufacturing or similar discipline combined with a minimum of 5 years of job-related experience.
- Considerable experience in project management and has demonstrated success in managing multiple concurrent projects using Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communications skills
Top candidates will also have:
- Professional certification by a recognized professional association or certification body (PMP, CIE, Lean/Six Sigma, etc.).
- Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or other related Engineering experience.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
JOB PURPOSE: To develop and execute a project portfolio aligned with plant strategy focused on Safety, People, Quality, Velocity, and Cost.