Customs Compliance Supervisor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Gauteng, GP, South Africa
Date Posted: Feb 24, 2021
The selected candidate will join PSLD EAME Trade Ops team and will be tasked with following jobs:
- Relationship manager and single point of contact for local trade related topics and channel escalations for Caterpillar Africa LTD trade
- Make sure requirements of the global CAT customs program are incorporated in local processes (including reporting and annual risk evaluation)
- Control and govern local customs processes and performance metrics with periodic audits and assessments
- Manage local customs brokers – with processes and monthly reviews of performance against customs services SLA and KPIs
- Be the change agent in case customs processes require adjustments
- Collaborate with supporting functions for special projects or business cases (Business Resources, Transportation, Trade Counsel, Legal)
- Coordination ad-hoc Dealer queries for additional documentation or information in respect of goods exported from the facility to the Dealer (especially, any requests for copy export entries).
- With support from regional manager, monitor duty spend, regularly evaluate the viability and desirability of duty minimization mechanisms (incl. preferential origin (FTA), duty suspension and duty drawback)
- Bachelor degree in business administration /or finance /or supply chain/ or international trade
- 3-5 years of experience in operations including (but not limited to): trade management, classification, free trade agreements, auditing, supply chain, logistics.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate across multiple organizations
- Strong communication skills allowing the candidate to effectively connect with personnel on local as well as global positions
- Good track of record of prior process management and demonstration of using Quality oriented methodologies before (6sigma, Kaizen, Lean, etc)
- Good organizational skills to due the fact the direct manager will not be present on site
At Caterpillar we embrace and promote diversity, we encourage our people to be themselves, this is a place where we succeed on merit.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for the role.
Selected candidate will join the Trade Compliance Operations team in Johannesburg and will be responsible for Caterpillar Africa LTD customs matters ensuring the business is conducted in compliance with local and international customs regulations.