The role of the Solutions Manager is the strategic and tactical leadership of worldwide (WW) product development from concept to and implementation OPACC positive OEM business for ICS Division. CSFs and SAIs alignment through direct leadership and others process partners. The role is also responsible for orchestrating the movement of people within the organization and beyond to maximize their development and that of the larger Caterpillar organization.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Interfacing with internal & external customers, gathering & responding to customer feedback and guiding the organization to satisfy meeting customers’ technology, product, service and business needs. This role requires both a near & long-range focus on business strategy and execution.
- Working to balance prime product engineering and manufacturing capabilities with OEM market demands.
- Interfacing with prime product groups and source plants for product alignment on derivative product consisting of complete machines, partial machines, and machine systems sold to OEMs.
- Negotiating with product groups and source plants for allocation of build slots, long term capacity planning and variable cost management to assure target levels of profit.
- Developing and executing sourcing strategies, which utilize existing CAT manufacturing facilities, for products to be sold to OEMs. Within this scope would be the assembly level supplied to OEM customers, the design work and IP ownership vs. that completed through the OEM and the distribution channel (OEM Channel and/or Caterpillar Channel).
- Leading the processes for identifying, prioritizing, evaluating, and developing new product opportunities for the OEM Solutions from concept through engineering releasing, including initial concept review and business case analysis. developing the pricing strategy for these opportunities.
- Managing the engineering program budget for OEM Solutions and for managing the product development associated with departmental expense, PPLs, and engineering related service charges for the OEM Solutions Group.
- Accountability to the OEM Solutions regional sales teams to provide products to enable the sales to achieve the business unit growth.
- Managing a functional area and department through subordinate supervisors/managers and peer professionals.
- Providing direction, focus, motivation, and encouragement for subordinates.
- Responsibility for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Deliver the business plan P&L
- Strategic technical/commercial leadership for WW product line
- Maintains a Positive Customer Interface
- Communicates Customer Requirements to the Technical Community
- Ensures alignment between Prime Product Grp MGPP/Strategy and OEM solutions customized product offerings
- Develops and Manages R&E expense to Affordability targets
- Manages Product Cost to Maintain or Grow Variable Margin
- Manage, Develop & Grow the Product Group’s Workforce
- Serves as the Bridge between Business/Customer Strategy and Prime Product Grp Strategy
- Strategic & Tactical Leadership for the Product Development Process
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience are typically required
- Strong business skills and broad exposure to product and process design and engineering, marketing and/or manufacturing background.
- 5+ years of supervisory and managerial experience gained in a variety of technical positions
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- 3+ years of Commercial experience, dealing directly with external customer or other OEM’s
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Complete understanding of company policies and procedures related to manufacturing, engineering and/or maintenance are also required.
- Extensive knowledge of Caterpillar organization and interface effectively with those organizations on commercial, technical, operational and product support issues.
- Experience managing P&L
The location for this role is Peoria, IL. Relocation assistance may be provided to those that are eligible.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
To lead the Integrated Component Solutions (ICS) Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Solution (Custom Product) business to drive strategic growth in revenue and profitability. The incumbent will have responsibility for direct customer interactions, coordination through our dealer, account management, order to delivery (Logistics & Supply chain), product quality and engineering on the custom adaptation working closely with the machines and component products team in Caterpillar