Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar takes a system view of the life of our products. We design and manufacture them for multiple lives, our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to the customer, and we remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to deliver the next generation of value. Our industry leading engineering and manufacturing expertise, large field population and world class dealer organization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us to provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world.
Mississippi Caterpillar has great opportunities for employment within the Remanufacturing business unit at our Booneville & Corinth facilities. These are entry level full-time positions with an opportunity to grow with an organization that is committed to employee development and engagement. We are looking for candidates that are committed to safety, team collaboration and enhancing their skillsets. Please review the job description and apply if you have interest.
Check out our Caterpillar Remanufacturing facility by clicking the link below:
As a Team Member your job may require you to work across a variety of departments within our Reman facilities which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Parts Sorting
- Disassembly (engines & components)
- Detail Operation (engine & component cleaning)
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced, safety and quality focused environment to disassemble and detail engine components.
- May require use of disassembly tools to clean/detail (vibratory, pneumatic tools: impact guns, wrenches, needle guns, handheld grinders, die grinders and buffers, etc.) to remove debris.
- May be required to use an overhead hoist to move large components.
- May require loading and unloading parts from washer.
- May require utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts, overhead cranes, and/or electric pallet jack to move parts in and out of area.
- May perform material handling, unloading parts from tubs or baskets according to production schedule.
- May perform order filling, processing, storing/ picking of parts, materials, equipment and supplies.
- May require operating automated packaging equipment.
- May be required to wear a detail suit with hood and/or respirator.
- May require checking incoming core and entering data.
- Utilize various computer systems including email on a regular basis.
- All operators will adhere to Built in Safety guidelines.
- Operator should have attention to detail and be self-motivated.
- Operator will work in a team environment.
- Operator is expected to cross train in other areas of operations to provide flexibility.
- Candidate will work in an environment without close supervision.
- Minimum of 6 months manufacturing experience
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Prior use of hoists.
- Knowledge of engines and components.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with assembly and disassembly tooling (hand tools, air tools, pneumatic tools, etc)
- Previous forklift experience
- Job may be physically demanding at times and must be able to handle high volume fast pace operation.
- Some positions will require forklift operation/training
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 25 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes.
- May work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- May walk, squat and bend for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Must be able to wear proper PPE.
- May require respirator physical and training
- May be required to lift/push/pull heavy parts up to 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10+ hours per shift.
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
- Starting hourly pay rate of $13.25
- 40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
- Multiple shifts offered - Shift premium of $0.60 per hour for 2nd
- 80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Climate controlled work environment – most areas
- Annual company contribution into your 401k
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Quarterly bonus program
- Clean/safe work environment
- Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
Please ensure you frequently sign into your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.