Buyer (Category Buyer, Purchasing)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: , LN, Thailand
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 19, 2021
- Perform Global Category Strategy Development, Management and Execution.
- Supplier Development and Supplier Commercial Negotiation.
- Perform Supplier Performance Management (QCLDM)
- Strategic Sourcing: Qualified Supply Network and support business community.
- Monitor supplier Risk Management – Capacity & Financial
- Response Time Optimization
- Contract Management, Cost/ Spend Management
- Supplier on Boarding/Off Boarding
- Manage responsibilities following business Target KPI’s are;
- Material Cost Evolution/ Reduction
- % of Supplier Code Spend under Contract Management
- RCCP Conformance/ Capacity Assurance
- % of Spend with Corporate Payment Terms
- % of Suppliers Completed Business Continuity & supplier Financial Health Plans
- Bachelor’s degree in any related filed.
- Experience is preferred in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions.
- Experience in a lead the possesses category team or product team.
- Leadership skill: Capable of leading teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions.
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skill.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles as applied by Caterpillar and our suppliers.
- Strong Negotiator, able to interpret, analyze and negotiate contractual cost elements.
- Understanding of QCLDM will be advantage.
- Fluent English communication and written.
More information please contact 033-011518
Roles: To serve as the primary contact between Caterpillar and the supply base for global/regional initiatives, including filling the functional seat for commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers, being the recognized expert for his or her assigned portion of the global category, supports development and execution of global category strategies, and drives performance excellence in Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) through direct leverage with the supply base partnering with Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) personnel and Product/Facility Purchasing organizations. Category Buyer may also be a Supplier Lead/Relationship Manager for suppliers with multiple source buyers.